Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"McCain, not Hussein," Obama Dangerous

I received the following note from a young friend today. He has decided to support Obama, and he says the following:

"Steve, Having been a good blogging friend with you for the last year, I wanted to tell you something before it goes up on my blog within the week. I've decided to support Barack Obama this election. It was not an easy decision and one I do not enjoy making. I really feel that McCain has lost what made McCain great fighting the far left and the far right in equal measure. But I still respect him and all of his supporters including you alot. I'm still calling myself a Republican but the party I joined has gotten off track and I'm hoping Obama will take this nation in a place where I know Republicans will not. I've haven't always been a conventional Republican in my politics but I will continue my political journey and hope to count you as a friend now and in the future."

Here's my response to Christopher:

Christopher, I find your support for Obama (which I've seen coming) quite mystifying. Which of his "accomplishments" impresses you most? His proposal to invade Pakistan (an ally and a nation with nuclear weapons?) or his "option" to reinvade Iraq?), or his vague suggestion to AIPAC that he might use nuclear weapons against Iran? You are young, Christopher, and you've been "rolled" by a skillful orator.

John McCain has been a leader in campaign finance reform, educational reform, and comprehensive immigration reform, which Obama has not. He has been a leader in the attempt to reduce global warming, which Obama has not. He supports producing more domestic energy, which Obama does not.

He supported the surge, which has worked, while Obama did not support it and seems clueless about its great success.

I wrote the mission statement for Mission NoBama that said Obama is inexperienced (which he is), unqualified (he hasn't even been a U.S. Senator for one term), untrustworthy (just ask his former friends on the far left), and dangerous (as in his plans to invade Pakistan, reinvade Iraq, and do "everything . . . everything" to keep Iran from developing a nuke).

Many people this year will support Barack Obama, mainly on the basis of his eloquent, but empty, rhetoric. They will offer such support for various reasons, but given the points I've made (not opinions) they will not be able to do so in good conscience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All you people who are impressed with Obama's eloquent speeches that say "nothing", please read the following:
Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett;, Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times - September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008.
You will find that formerly "Barry" Barack Obama is an enemy of our country.
Please research before you vote.
Don't just say to yoursel "he will make a change, he looks good and is a good speaker"...check him out and do a through job.
Hitler was an excellent orator too.

From the two choices we have, wouldn't one rather choose an American hero than a guy with a Muslim faith?