Thursday, May 14, 2009

America's Bad Medicine: ObamaCare

ObamaCare inevitably will make the US health care system more like the Canadian one, and that's not a good development. The cure rate in our country is well ahead of that in Canada for just about every ailment known to mankind. Eventually, rationing will become the order of the day in American hospitals and physicians' offices. Sarah Palin will oppose such developments, and we need to stand with her.

Consider the following story from Dr. David Gratzer's book The Cure:

"In medical school, I learned the most important lesson not in a classroom but on the way to one. On a cold Canadian morning about a decade ago, late for a class, I cut through a hospital emergency room and came upon dozens of people on stretchers -- waiting, moaning, begging for treatment. Some elderly patients has waited for up to five days in corridors before being admitted to beds. They smelled of urine and sweat. As I navigated past the bodies, I began to question everything I thought I knew about health care -- not only in Canada, but also in the United States. Though I didn't know it then, I had begun a journey into the heart of one of the great policy disasters of modern times." [page 2]

In fact, Barack Obama and Kathleen Sibelius are beginning the same dismal journey -- and they, along with us, will experience the same disaster. That disaster will not occur overnight, but occur it will.[On Saturday and Sunday, I'll have new columns up here -- the first one being about Sarah Palin's support of "Miss California," Carrie Prejean.

1 comment:

PancerBali said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreRee Bali ***rtyht